Are you looking for the best BCDs of 2018? I have decided to put together a list of the best bang for your buck BCDs. These are good quality BCD’s ranging from the low end to the high end. These are not the cheapest or the most expensive BCDs on the market. These are the best bang for buck BCDs that are worth their value.
Having a good BCD that fits well is critical to having an enjoyable diving experience. Being able to control your buoyancy is one of the major elements to having a long and successful dive that gives you the best experience possible. To see more on how to use your BCD to control buoyancy just click this link to my Scuba Buoyancy Control article.
Cressi Aquapro 5 Weight Integrated Scuba Diving BCD
This is a great starter BCD. It comes with rugged construction and many features.
- Denier 420 self-draining mesh fabric
- 2 external wrap around weight pockets
- 2 large accessory pockets with zip fasteners
- Rigid, fully padded back support panel
- Ventral strap that is separate from the chest bag harness
- 3 relief valves with the rear valve’s control in the front of the BCD
- 2 stainless steel 50 mm D rings on the shoulder straps
- 2 engineered plastic 50 mm D rings on the lower edge of the jacket
- 2 snap hook rings
Oceanic Biolite Travel Ultra Lightweight Weight Integrated Buoyancy Compensator
Like to travel to exotic dive locations around the world? Then this BCD is definitely for you. It is super lightweight, at only 5.5 lbs and has features that make diving a pure joy, like the integrated weight system.
- Quick Drop weight release system that handles up to 14 lbs
- Includes a right shoulder carabiner
- Low profile bladder design made of patented Bioflex material
- Low profile backpack, for easy folding
- Self-adjusting sternum strap
- Multiple mini D rings
- Critical areas constructed from 1000D denier Cordura fabric
Mares Dragon SLS Scuba Diving Buoyancy Compensator
The Mares Dragon is as good as it looks. It is a tough and durable BCD and one of the best mid-range BCD on the market. This BCD is superbly comfortable and stable yet rugged and durable. It is quite fashionable too with personalized labels on the pockets.
- Aircell slides on shoulders for increased comfort when inflated
- Adjustable corrugated hose retaining epaulet
- High lift aircell with “Dragon” winglets
- Smart trim weight positioning
- SLS weight system
- 50 mm swivel buckles
- Large cargo pockets with stretch panels
- Adjustable cumberbund
- Monoplate backpack fits single or double tanks
Mares Hybrid AT with MRS+ Scuba Diving Buoyancy Control Device
The mares Hybrid At BCD is a work of art. It has features in it that you generally only find in the high-end BCDs. This BCD is loaded with advanced features and systems. This is one of the best bang for your buck, mid-range BCD, on the market today. And it looks really good too.
The patented Mares system on the pneumatic valves makes it possible to inflate and deflate the BCD, no matter what your position in the water is. The shoulder straps have no stitching and there is special padding on the backpack in the lumbar area. All current in line Mares BCDs are compatible up to 40% Oxygen (EAN 40) right out of the box.
- Foldable backpack with build in suspension system
- Airtrim for fast intuitive buoyancy control
- MRS+ (Mechanical Release System) modular integrated weight system
- Bladder design allows for maximum freedom of movement
- Adjustable and removable chest strap
- 2 rear flat quick-dump relief valves
- 420 Cordura Denier material on the outside and polyurethane on the inside
- 2 aluminum and 5 heavy-duty techno-polymer D-rings
- Padded shoulder straps and zippered cargo pockets
Atomic Aquatics BC1 Ultra-tough Scuba Diving Buoyancy Compensator
The Atomic Aquatics BCD is one of the best on the market today. This is a high-end BCD that is extremely tough and durable. The custom matte finish fabric looks and feels, unlike any other BCD. The strong double-laminated polyurethane coated fabric is incredibly tough and actually SHEDS water
- Ratcheting CAM-LOK tank band
- Patented EZ-LOK weight release system
- Integrated Weight System – 30 lb capacity (20 lbs Diver releasable 10 lbs non-diver releasable trim weights for improved weight distribution and balance)
- Quilted Backpad & adjustable lumbar pad
- Sand-resistant pocket zippers
- Titanium-coated 316 stainless steel D-rings
- Trim weight pockets (each can hold 5 lbs)
- Non-skid tank pad
- Low friction 316 stainless steel “Dry Glide” exhaust pull dumps & knobs
Well, that is the best BCDs of 2018. I am sure you will find the right BCD for you for your next dive. These BCDs are the best bang for your buck on today’s market and you really cannot go wrong with any one of them. They cover everything from beginners to experienced divers and will fit your needs perfectly.
If you have any comments or questions please leave them below and I will be happy to respond to you. Hope to see you in the water soon.